Saturday, February 19

Coconut Waffles

These are soooooo GOOD!

Last week my sister and I were at the health food store and we found a sweetener called Coconut Necture. Then I found this and thought it sound pretty good. 
I don't love it by itself  but I don't like milk by itself either.


If you're going to grind your own wheat,
you can grind a whole bag of flour and just through it in the freezer; then it won't go bad.

We have been on a waffle kick and I thought it would be fun to try a coconut waffle. So I took my two favorite recipes and adjusted them to this:

Waffles
4 eggs separated
1/2 tsp. salt
2 T.  sugar
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 t. melted butter
1 cup whole grain wheat flour

In a large bowl combine yolks, sugar and salt. Beat until thick. Blend in cocnut milk, vanilla and butter. Add flour and beat for about 1 minute. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold in the batter. Cook accordingly.


Coconut Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cube butter
1 cup coconut milk
1 T. coconut necture 
1 T. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda

In a large pot melt butter and coconut milk, sugar, coconut necture and vanilla. Bring to a boil and sprinkle baking soda over it. It will foam - continue cooking of about 3 more minutes.
My family loves these.

Top it off with strawberries and pineapples and EnJoy! 


Thanks FoR the LiNk uP LaDieS!




LINKPARTYBUTTON

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Can't wait to try these! I love me some coconut! Thanks for sharing this week- I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been craving this syrup since I got home. I made some today and drizzled it over strawberries and bananas. It was so good.
    If you don't have coconut nectar you can substitute corn syrup.

    ReplyDelete